Although Apple didn’t announce anything phone related at their WWDC 2017 conference, a huge new leak from three alleged Foxconn employees (whose identities were apparently confirmed by Reddit moderators) appears to confirm 15 features that we can expect to appear on the upcoming iPhone 8. We’ll have to wait most likely until December to see if these leaks are true but it’s cool to get your hopes up. You start dying when you stop dreaming.
15 Expected Features on the iPhone 8
- The iPhone 8 is currently called the “iPhone X”, although that might just be a codename. It would make sense however, as this release will mark the 10th anniversary of the iPhone.
- It looks most like the middle iPhone 8 concept seen here.
- There’s new dual rear camera with vertical alignment
- The front bezel will be thinner on the Y-axis
- Test units have Touch ID under the glass “but performance and yield rates were not good”
- There will not be a rear fingerprint scanner
- AuthenTech’s Touch ID capacitive touch module has been replaced
- There will be Facial Detection and a Retina Scanner
- There will be multiple front facing camera modules
- RAM remains at 3GB like the iPhone 7 Plus
- The aluminum unibody is replaced by “composite glass”
- It will have wireless charging capabilities
- It will be “water resistant”
- It will still have a Lightning port, not USB-C
- Production has been delayed